Thursday, October 1, 2009

Muffins & Measuring cups

With my other pregnancies I never really had cravings (unless you count the fact that I threw up EVERYTHING but vanilla ice cream and skittles for about 8 months with my first child). Not so this time. Cravings ALL the time. Yesterday it was muffins. I'm not really a muffin person, but sometimes you just need a muffin. So I e-mailed my friend Leah and she sent me her Anyfruit Muffins. I'm not really a baker, I'm a cook. This is primarily because I'm too efficient (read lazy) to measure things properly. I'm more of a dump & taste kind of girl which doesn't work quite as well with baking as it does with cooking. In fact when I did wedding cakes for some friends I ended up buying an electronic kitchen scale so I could still dump things in but also have it turn out right every time. I reccomend this to all you lazy bakers out there. Measuring cups are so passe-get a scale!=P Want the muffin recipe?

Anyfruit Muffins-Leah Thompson makes 24 muffins in a regular muffin tin
Preheat oven to 375
mix in a bowl:
1 1/2 c sugar-brown, white, whatever (I've used less & it works out fine)
2 c flour-any kind or combination
2 c oatmeal
1 t EACH baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon
Then add in:
2 c applesauce or any blended fruit (I haven't tried it yet, but I bet carrots/sweet potatos would be good)
2 eggs
2/3 c oil (or 1/3 c oil & 1/3 c more fruit)
mix & pour into pans bake 15 min if in regular tins 25 if in jumbo tins & 10ish if in mini tins

No comments:

Post a Comment