Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cake Class

SOOOO much has been happening around here lately what with hospital visits and trying to move in, but I thought I'd do a quick post and put up the pictures from the cake class I taught at the college a couple of weeks ago. One of the pictures got deleted off my camera thanks to my 1 year old, sorry 'bout that. They all did so great especially considering most of them had never worked with fondant or made roses before. One of my students even won 2nd place in a contest with his 'mermaid project' cake. So, here are the pics and I hope you all are doing well.










2 comments:

  1. Those cakes are great! I am always amazed by your talents Mindy Jo! Not only do you make these amazingly beautiful cakes, but you have the talent to teach others how to do it! You are truly an amazing woman! I will never understand how you are able to wrangle four rambunctious boys, bake elegant cake creations, teach a cake decorating class, maintain a beautiful home (can't wait to see pics by the way), volunteer at an Alzheimer's Respite group, serve in the Church, and manage to look relatively unflustered doing it all! You are wonderful! Thanks for being such a terrific example of what a mom/wife/WOMAN ought to be! Keep it up sister of mine!

    All My Love,
    Brandi Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy--amazing cakes! So...I don't know if you will remember who I am or not...Shae Winward, from Soda Springs, ID. You used to live around the corner from me. :) Anyway...I found your brother, Cody, of FaceBook, and he gave me your blog address. I am seriously SO excited that I have found you again!! I totally loved playing with you and Brandi when we were little, and I've always wondered what happened to you guys! I also have a blog, but it it private, so if you would like to see it, you can send me your email to natshahan@gmail.com. I would love to be able to to catch up some more, too! (Hopefully you remember me!) :)

    ReplyDelete