Friday, May 21, 2010

Firsts

Christopher lost his first tooth (the other front one is loose too) and Ryan took his first steps(I'd post the video later in this post except my video posting thing isn't working). Our little family just keeps growing and progressing, it seems so crazy most of the time but mostly it's a good kind of crazy. The photo up top is a picture of the wedding cake I did a couple of weeks ago. I'm posting the recipe for desperation cookies today because I thought it was appropo for me at the moment. It's a great recipe and it never turns out the same way twice. The great thing about it is that you just use whatever you have on hand which is why it never turns out the same but it's always delicious. I first came across it in a book by Joanne Fluke. She writes murder mystery books that have recipes all through them. I think this one was in Peach Cobbler Murder, but I'm really not sure. Anyway...For the recipes




 Desperation Cookies makes about 10 dozen
2 c melted butter
3 c sugar
1 1/2 c brown sugar
4 tsp vanilla or almond extract (or a combo)
4 eggs, beaten
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt

5 c unsifted flour
3 c chocolate (chocolate chips, m&m's, hershey kisses, or some combo..you get the idea)
4 c of a mix of any or all of the following: nuts, crushed cornflakes, rice crispies, coconut flakes, dried fruit, dry oatmeal, etc.

Grease your cookie sheet (or use parchment paper) and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla/almond extract. Make sure the mixture is cooled and add the eggs. Mix in the flour, soda and salt. Mix in your combo of random ingredients and drop by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Cool 2 min on the cookie sheet then cool completely on a cooling rack. Enjoy!

1 comment: