Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mr. Sneeze



For those of you who don't know, Mr. Sneeze is a pirate who wears shorts on his head and helps Captain Hook chase Peter Pan. That's what my boys think anyway. So periodically they put their shorts on their head or just leave the shirt they've been taking off hanging inside out on the top of their head and pretend to be pirates.

Yesterday Jon took Christopher, Ethan and Ryan to the ward BBQ social and Timothy and I stayed home. I had a lovely apple and brie quesadilla for dinner which I will include the recipe for and had a nice relaxing evening. Jon told me what happened when he and the boys got home and got out of the van to come upstairs and I thought I'd share the story.

One of our neighbors was standing outside the building smoking. She was wearing a do-rag on her head (like a bandanna Gram) and Ethan says "Hey Daddy look she's pretending to be a pirate!" and points at her. (For those of you who don't know Ethan, 'quite' and 'subtle' are not terms he's familiar with. She definitely heard him.) Christopher looks over and says "Yeah Daddy look, she's a pirate!" Jon hates a scene of any kind and just pretended like he didn't hear either of them. Nice try dad. They just assumed he really didn't hear them so they said it again-only louder. My sweet embarrassed husband said as quietly as he could "Yep, now let's go upstairs" and rushed them up. I personally think the woman probably got quite a kick out of it, but that's me. Jon thought it was funny-if a wee bit embarrassing-and the boys thought it was great that grownups pretended to be Mr. Sneeze sometimes too.

On another note, Timothy and I are both doing great. He's sleeping 4 hours at a time at night now so that's nice. He's a pretty sweet little guy and he gets cuter every day. Jon and I feel so blessed. For those of you I haven't e-mailed or called or anything in the last little while I'm sorry. You know how I am. For a while the mass communication of one blog entry will have to do, but I'll get back to e-mailing and calling like a normal human eventually.

For the quesadilla recipe......



Apple and Brie Quesadilla
This is so easy but it's delicious. I don't really give quantities because that would be like giving measurements for making a PB&J.

small flour tortillas
granny smith apples
cream cheese
brie (I use a double cream baby brie but any any brie works)
jam

Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on a tortilla. Top with 1/8 inch thick slices of the apples and then with copious amounts of brie (or less if you're that kind of person). Toss it in a skillet and toast until light brown and the cheese is melted. Cut into quarters and put a very thin layer of jam on top. Enjoy!

I haven't yet tried this, but I think a slice of good ham in there might be good too. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment